Start a new topic

Printer Font

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi. Is it possible to control Print font name/ size ?
Does it depend on any other font setting within dbvis?

Product:  DbVisualizer Personal 5.1.1.8
Build:  #1205 (2007/05/28 10:01)
Java VM:  Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM
Java Version:  1.6.0_01-b06
Java Vendor:  Sun Microsystems Inc.
OS Name:  Windows XP
OS Arch:  x86
OS Version:  5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Printer Font
Print in DbVis prints a screenshot, so the font for print is the same as for the display. You can change the font type/size in Tool Properties. An alternative for grid data is to export the grid to HTML, and then print it with a browser. With this approach, you control the fonts through the browser settings. Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks.

But the printed image font comes out "inflated" and not in a printer friendly quality.

We print a lot of code, and it is really inconvenient to copy the code, paste it in Microsoft Word and print it from there.  I am sure my point is be shared by a number of users. 

Again, it would be huge value added if printing of the code would be as easy and instead of an image print, the font text is spooled to the printer so the quality of the print is not suffering.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Yes, I agree that the current way of printing grids and text is not ideal. I've added this feature request to our tracking system, but unfortunately it is harder than it may seem to do this in a platform independent way. Thanks for the feedback, Hans