Start a new topic

Copy data between databases

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Minq-Team

It will be very nice, if it is possible to copy data from one database to another.
And if this process can also create missing tables in the source, that will be
the icing on the cake.

Thanks in adv. for maybe implementing my wishes

Hinrich Schencking, Germany

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Copy data between databases
Hinrich, This is something that we have on the future list. Cannot say when it will happen right now. Thanks! Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I vote for this feature, too !
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Me too, I just migrated from off Sybase to MySQL.

Do we have this feature yet? If so how does it work?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Ken, It is still on the "todo list" but I'll add your vote for it. Best Regards, Hans

I am not sure DBVis is the right tool for migration databases. I would use DBVis to generate DDL. But doing the actual data moving in DBVis, especially with large volume of data may not be a good idea performance wise. Each database has its own bulk load features, mots of which are via command line tools instead of pure SQLs. I think that's beyond the comfort zone of DBVis.