Start a new topic

Ability to drag .SQL files into Command Window

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be very useful to be able to drag files (.sql / .txt etc) from explorer into a dbvisualiser window rather than having to open the file with dbvisualiser. Any plans to add this in a forthcoming release?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Ability to drag .SQL files into Command Window
Liquid, I'll add this as a feature request. Thanks! Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger --- any chance of this usefull feature being implemented any time soon?

Hi Alex, We will add this in the next feature version planned for Q1 2011. Best Regards Roger

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, this worked perfectly in 8.x The file would open in a new SQL tab, with the file name as the tab title. However when I drag an external .sql file from Windows Explorer into DBVis 9.1.1, it inserts the file into the current SQL Commander tab (essentially combining the existing script with the newly-imported one), and also leaves the tab title unchanged. Is this the expected behavior? Is there a setting to get it to work like version 8? I am on Windows 7 64-bit.

Hi, If you drop the file(s) above the editor on the main window toolbar or menubar it will be loaded in a new editor specific for that file. Best Regards Roger
[Attachment has been removed.]

Version 9.1.3, introduced a new error. When you drag an external SQL from another app (like Windows Explorer) and pass through a blank section of the Connections pane, a java.lang.NullPointerException is raised in a new popup window. If you drag the SQL file and make sure not to cross over, you can avoid the error -- however that's a big piece of real estate to try to avoid. I am running Win 7 64-bit, Java 1.6.0_35. My error log is attached.

Hi, Please upgrade to 9.1.4 as it contain a fix for this issue. Regards Roger