Start a new topic

Row highlight when browsing through grid

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Would be very helpful if we had an option where you click on a cell in the grid and the current row( or selected rows) are automatically highlighted. This would be very beneficial for users with more than one monitor: When I am looking at a cell value that is on my 3rd monitor, in order to see, lets say an associated id or a bunch of other fields , which are drawn on my 1st monitor, i need to take my eyes off the screen, hit the shortcut, etc... what do you think?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Row highlight when browsing through grid
Alex, My last response on this request was a suggestion how it could be fixed. I didn't hear back from you so I lowered the priority for it. Changing "Select Row" to instead be "Select Row(s)" is an easy fix and we will introduce it in the next EA. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I was hoping for this to be released with 6.1.1.4 ...

Alex, I've added it as a feature request. Maybe we should change so that "Select Row" instead should be "Select Row(s)" based on all of the selected cells. That would match your request. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, any thoughts? thanks!

Roger, What I meant was for a row to be highlightd automaticaly (as an option) when a cell is clicked. Also, if multiple cells are selected vertically, current 'row select' function selects only the last row instead of all rows in the selection. Edited by: AlexML on Jun 11, 2008 2:54 PM

Alex, Have you tried "Select Row" in the right click menu? Default key binding is Shift+Ctrl+J. Regards Roger