Start a new topic

give viewer in object view the same properties as viewer in sql commander

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This can be very convenient, for example to set up a graph and to mark a line in a wide view when you need to scroll several screens to left/right. In the sqlcommander the result grid shows a rownumber that can be selected. When selected it marks the complete line. I would love to see this also in the grid viewer from the object viewer. thanks, Ronald.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: give viewer in object view the same properties as viewer in sql command
Hi Ronald, In the grid right click menu you find the "Select Row(s)". It will select the complete row(s) for all cells currently being selected. The key binding is Shift+Ctrl+J. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger, this works ... I still like to be able to view a graph based on the contents of such a grid .... can this be done ? R.

Ronald, What exactly do you mean with "view a graph"? (Row numbers are available in some grids). Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Roger, go - for example - to a schema that has scheduler jobs (SYS will do), go to the scheduler sub tree, select a job (PURGE_LOG is ok) and select the tab job run details. (in oracle rdbms >= 10gR2) Here you see details of the job, amongst others the run_duration (in this case not very exiting ...). It would be very nice to be able to define a graph on this data, as we could to when the same grid was displayed in sql commander. Ronald.

Ronald, Ok, now I see. Your original post was in fact describing two different requests. I will add the "graph" request as a RFE. Thanks! Best Regards Roger