Start a new topic

Ability to navigate from data grid to navigator grid

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, It'd be nice to have the ability to navigate from a row displayed in the data tab to the same row in the navigator tab (awesome feature BTW). Basically I'd right click the cell in the data grid, and I would see a 'display in navigator' menu option. Ciao Stefano

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Ability to navigate from data grid to navigator grid
Stefano, Good idea. I will file this as a request feature enhancement. Best Regards Roger

Hi Stefano, Can you elaborate a bit on how you would like this to work, specifically on what the initial state in the Navigator tab should be? How should the row in the Data tab be related to the initial state in the Navigator? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Hans, I imagine that if I am in the data view tab and I choose a 'view same row in the navigator' menu option, I would start a whole new navigator 'session' loosing, thus, anything I was previously navigating. Ciao Stefano

Hi Stefano, Sorry, but I'm still not sure how you want this to work. Compared to clicking on the Navigator tab, would the only difference be that the same row is automatically selected in the Navigator grid? Kind Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello Hans, Yes! That would be the only difference. Ciao Stefano

Hi Stefano, Thanks for the clarifications. Kind Regards, Hans

Hi, Just to inform that this is now fixed in the latest DbVisualizer 8.0 version. Regards Roger