Start a new topic

References graph: List all key columns

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

v6.5.6 diagrams can display table detail level as primary key, table name only, or all columns. In some cases it would be useful if the column detail could include both primary and foreign key columns.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: References graph: List all key columns
Hi, If you use the "Hierarchic" layout mode and enable "Links to Columns" you'll see what exact columns are referenced. Isn't this sufficient in order to see also the foreign keys? Or do you want the foreign keys presented below all other data for a specific table? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I am evaluating dbVizualizer and I would second the original poster request. The view suggested does not really highlight the Foreing key fields, and the arrows are not facing the fields; Add to that that there is an Icon for the PK field, not for the FK (may be because, waiting for my eval key, I am using the free version). So to cut a long story short having a level of display where the node content could be table name; Primary key and Foreign key, would be excellent, as it gives a very useful view of a db schema, without taking a lot of space on screen or paper. This is a very useful feature when showing a schema to a co worker or training etc ... thanks Didier
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Didier, I'll add your vote to the original request. Thanks! Regards Roger