Start a new topic

Insert Dropdown - support true/false (i.e. 0,1)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be nice on the dropdown that allows you to set values to empty strings or nulls to also provided a set to 0, 1 or true and false option. This way you can select a tinyint field and alter it's settings en masse. Otherwise you need to set them one by one.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Insert Dropdown - support true/false (i.e. 0,1)
Timothy, I'll add this as a new enhancement request. Thanks! Regards Roger

Timothy, Have you tried entering the value in one cell and then copy it, select the range of cells you want that value in and the paste the copied value? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I had not tried that till you described it, but that seems to work. Does not seem very intuitive (at least it was not for me), but it worked as you described so I will add it to my bag of tricks. My dropdown suggestion would be much more limited than this technique (which of course would allow infinite values). Thanks.

Timothy, The copy/paste feature is quite useful as it can be used to handle a lot of cells at the same time. You may even copy several cells in multiple columns and paste them elsewhere. This also works with popular spreadsheet programs such as OpenOffice and Excel. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Yes I am quite familiar with copy/paste as the same size from and to. What was not evident is the copy one cell - replicate to multiple. TO my knowledge there is no standard for the inconsistent copy vs paste sizes, so it is left to the developer to "do the right thing" which could be paste in the same content and leave the balance alone, etc. DbVisualizer must have a "right" thing to do when I copy 4 cells and paste into 9 cells. Not sure what I intuit it to be handy nonetheless. Tim