Start a new topic

Import Table Data -please clear out the Import Log window before new Import

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi. Please clear out the Import Log window on the last screen. I was doing multiple imports, and when I get to the last screen, it has the previous import results --- often confusing me whether or not I already imported the data. ALSO, would be very usefull to have a checkbox on that screen, asking if a user wants to truncate the table (turned off by default) .... what do you think?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Import Table Data -please clear out the Import Log window before new Import
I second this. I was and still sometimes am confused by the previous logs as well. I was going to suggest graying out the "import" button after a successful import. Also in this same window, a "close" or "finished" button would make sense to me because when we are done with an import, we are left with "cancel", "import", "back" or clicking the X in the upper right corner. I guess that the "log to file" and "keep window after import" options can get around this, but then I don't get to see the outcome of the import right away.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import Table Data -please clear out the Import Log window before new Im
Hi, Thanks for your post. I will register a ticket regarding the import log and button texts. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import Table Data -please clear out the Import Log window before new Im
Hi, Clearing the log is now fixed in 7.0.6. Regards Roger