Start a new topic

Don't burn a slot in history for the same query.

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

If I run the same query consecutively N times I don't want N slots burned in history. It's sufficient to only burn one slot. Query A Query A Query A Query B should be two slots in my history gone not 4 slots.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Don't burn a slot in history for the same query.
Robert, Thanks for your post. We have this on the todo list. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

My 2p worth, a count would be nice so that it was obvious the real history was Query A (3) Query B also I'd like the option to omit some events from the history, e.g. I might not want to show read-only events like QUERYs or DESCRIBE statements. C.f.bash history handling

Hi, Consider executing the following in separate executions: Query A Query A Query B Query A Query A Query B Query C To keep less number of identical entries in the SQL history there are two options: 1) The following history list shows a single history entry for all identical SQLs executed just after each other. Executing another SQL between lets say A and A below will result in two Query A (2) being stored in the history Query A (2) Query B Query A (2) Query B Query C 2) This option checks for duplicates in all of the history independent of execution order and groups identical SQLs in distinct entries. Query A (4) Query B (2) Query C Any ideas what option is preferred? I suspect the answer will be that it should be configurable :-) Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Speaking personally Option 1 shows what happened and the sequence in which it happened and is what I would like to use, option 2 simply aggregates distinct events and would be useless to me

Hi, This is now fixed in the latest 7.1 version. The new Tool Properties->SQL History category is used to configure the behavior. Regards Regards