Start a new topic

recent variable values used

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Show recent variable values used in the sql variable popup dialog.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: recent variable values used
Hi, Thanks for your post. If there is no default value for the variable, the recent value is automatically set in the substitution window. If there is a default value for the variable, it is shown in the window but you can easily switch to the recent value using the right click menu and its "Set Previously Used Values" command. To switch to any default values select "Set Default Values". More info in: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/sqlCommander/sqlCommander.html#mozTocId803385 What are your variable definition(s)? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Sorry, should have been a bit more clear in my original post. I'm very familiar with the use of variables, I use them extensively and hence know about 'Set Previously Used' and defaults.... What I'm looking for is a LIST of 'Previously Used'... such that I can certainly choose the last previously used but ALSO maybe the one before that, or the one before that. Scenario: I run a query such as select * from user where username = ${Username||||String||where}$; The first time I run it, I type 'Jason' in in the parameter dialog for Username. Then I run the query a second time and type in 'jklap'. Third time I run the query, I hit the 'Previously Used' button and it pulls in 'jklap'... (which I use alot!) BUT, what I'm really looking for is the ability to select a previously used value besides the value used in the last query run... ie maybe 'Jason'. Maybe a right-click on the variable field text area in the variable sub dialog that shows me 'Jason' and 'jklap' and I can choose either. But this should get right of the quick and easy to use 'Previously Used' button....
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Jason, I will register your request as an RFE. Regards Roger