Start a new topic

Creating function with binary logging on

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When binary logging is turned on with mySQL, the CREATE FUNCTION command requires one of "DETERMINISTIC", "NO SQL" or "READS SQL DATA" to be present in the declaration. It looks like there is no way of specifying this in the DbVis "Create Function" dialog? Is the ability to specify the SQL access clauses from the GUI already a feature request?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Creating function with binary logging on
Hi David, I'm not familiar with binary logging. Are you saying that the CREATE FUNCTION statement generated by the Create Function dialog fails when binary logging is enabled? Otherwise, you can add these characteristics options in the Function Editor. Either way, I'm adding support for declaring these characteristics in the Create Function dialog as a feature request. Thanks, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Binary logging docs: [http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/binary-log.html] Docs on CREATE FUNCTION and binary logging: [http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.0/en/stored-programs-logging.html] Note the information on "ERROR 1418" which is thrown if an access clause isn't specified. Apple enables binary logging by default on the mySQL installation they include with OSX Server. With this turned on, mySQL will cause CREATE FUNCTION to fail if one of the three options I mentioned isn't included. Since there is no way to have the DbVis Create Function dialog include any of these, the dialog is not able to create a function. You can of course manually create (with an appropriate clause) from a SQLcommander window or otherwise, and use the DbVis function editor on that later.

Hi David, Thanks for the clarification. I'll have a look at this. Best Regards, Hans

David, This is now fixed in DbVisualizer 7.0.7. Best Regards Roger