Start a new topic

Use of the keyboard creating a table

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi I find it diffucult to use the keyboard when entering data for the Create Table dialog. E.g. I can't find the keyboard shortcut for adding another field to the table and moving rows up and down. Navigating the table on the Columns tab seems impossible. I always have to click on each field with the mouse in order to edit a cell. The active cell doesn't change colour when I'm using the keyboard to select a cell. It would be nice if the Data Type was "intelligent" somehow. E.g. it could keep a list of the most used datatypes on top, it could base the selection of datatype on the name of the variable (a name "id" gets the type identity, if the name contains the word "date" then timestamp is selected etc.).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Use of the keyboard creating a table
Lars, Thanks for your post. I'll register a ticket for the missing key bindings used to insert, delete and move. For editing the table, what look and feel are you using in Tool Properties->Appearance and what Key map in Tool Properties->Key Bindings? Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am using the Windows Look and Feel. I am using the Default Key Bindings. I would like to be able to define a whole table without ever having to use the mouse. Using SQL and a lot of copying and pasting seems to be my only choice right now, but I would love DbVis to be able to help me with this.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Thanks Lars! We will look into this. Regards Roger