Start a new topic

Automatic SQL editor state saving

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would very much like it if DBVis kept the state of the SQL editors without requiring me to manually save them. In other words, if I have 6 SQL tabs open, regardless of whether any have been saved to a file, and I close DBVis, it would be very convenient to have those same 6 tabs come back in as close to the same state as when I closed them. While it might be nice to have existing result sets automatically persist from run to run, I think that's less importnant than just getting back the state of the SQL editors themselves. I consider this analgous to the way both the firefox and chrome web browsers allow you to set them to automatically restore the browser state on restarting the browser after its been closed.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Automatic SQL editor state saving
Brad, Thanks for your suggestion. We have this on the todo list. I will add your vote. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Automatic SQL editor state saving
Hi Brad, Just wanted to tell you that this is now fixed in the just released 9.0 version: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans