Start a new topic

Better PL/SQL support

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I believe DBVisualizer is on the right track. The PL/SQL support is getting better. However it is still lacking. If you look at AllAround Automation's PL/SQL developer, you can see some of the support features you are missing. For example, to be able to move back and forth between a package spec and package body. My thinking is that more IDE features are needed, features like Intellij IDEA. Autocomplete of member variables, refactoring, etc... For this you will need a full language parser for PL/SQL which antlr can help with. This PL/SQL support will take a long time to add but if achieved, DBVis will compete with Toad and PL/SQL developer and perhaps surpass them. Rodrigo

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Better PL/SQL support
Rodrigo, Thanks for your suggestions. I will add your vote for enhanced PL/SQL support in DbVisualizer. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks. I know Oracle development could use a strong IDE.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I just saw this PL/SQL grammar recently posted! It could be a good first try: http://www.antlr.org/grammar/1279318813752/PLSQL.g