Start a new topic

Re-arrange Editor Tabs and provide Tab aliases

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

How difficult is it to give user ability to re-arrange editor tabs. Example: lets say i have 10 sql tabs open, and I want to arrange them the way I want -- tab 1, 4 and 5 next to each other. Also, I want to be able to name Tab8 +(regardless of the file name)+, "New Dev Work" and Tab7, "Old Sep8 Work" to provide a short term meaningful tab description to the user

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Re-arrange Editor Tabs and provide Tab aliases
Hi. What do you think?? thanks.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Alex, Sorry for the delay. We have this on the todo list already. To fix it we need to use a new visual component. We have the component already but the drawback is that it doesn't support multi row tabs. I am not so sure that replacing the current multi row tab with a single row layout is something all users would appreciate. We need to figure out a way to fix. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Actually I'd prefer single row tabs myself, as long as, instead of shrinking the tabs when too many appear, scroll arrows showed on the left/right to let you see further tabs. The multi-row tabs can be confusing if you run a query that returns many tables in it's resultset, especially if you've already pinned part of the resultset from a previous run - it's easy to lose count of thich tab refers to which table. (This is just the perspective of another user, not someone from the DBVisualizer team)

eviloverlord , I am only referring to the SQL tabs, not results tabs. All the results tab would go along with the SQL tab when it is moved. Consider IE7, 8 or 9 as an example of how Tabs can be moved around to cator to user preferences DbVis team, have you guys made any progress with this? Thanks!

Hi Alex, Yes we are currently working on this for the next feature version. Regards Roger

Hi Alex, Just wanted to tell you that this is now fixed in the just released 9.0 version: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans