Start a new topic

Max Rows Per Connection

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Dear Sirs, I am working with "remote" (through Internet and VPN) servers as well as local servers. Therefore I would like to set a high value of "Max Rows" on local connections, but a much lower value for remote connections. Kind regards, Matthias Bergk

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Max Rows Per Connection
Matthias, Thanks for your suggestion. I will register a ticket for it. Best Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

My request is on the lines of this as well, however, adding another layer to it. I usually connect to several databases as well, however since I am on devel alot, I usually set the rows to max, however, I sometimes wonder what the max rows are before I hit the data tab, sometimes I do have a limit of 100 or 1000 but sometimes it is set to devel setting and it makes a query of select * from table. Needless to say, it freezes up, and I have to kill the process, and if I don't kill the process on the DB, I get the DBA on me. Luckily, this has only happened on the slave and not master. I set my production databases by selecting the type, however, it would be nice to have a dialog that checks with me the number of rows before it does the select on production connections. What would also be nice if you allowed it to be set in the dialog which will change the lower left setting in the window.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Levi, It sounds as if the "Max Rows at First Display" property match what you are requesting. At first display of the table data the specified number of rows will be fetched. Following reloads will fetch as many rows as specified in the Data tab Max Rows field. Is this what you are looking for? You find the setting in the General->Table Data category in Tool Properties. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Ah, that will work nicely.