Start a new topic

Support editing views

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This issue may well apply to other databases, but I only have experience with Oracle. When I select a view I see the DDL tab to get the SQL to create the view. If I want to edit the view I have to copy this SQL to the SQL editor and modify it to say "CREATE *OR REPLACE* VIEW". For a single view this is not a big deal but when faced with editing a large number of views this soon gets tedious. Is it possible to add support into DB Visualizer to edit views more easily? 1. Add "OR REPLACE" into DDL for editing existing views 2. Edit views directly in Object View rather than copying to SQL commander (similar to procedures and packages).

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Support editing views
Hi Simon, Thanks for the suggestion. I've added it to our feature request tracking system. For now, you can at least avoid the copy step by using "Script Object to SQL Editor -> CREATE VIEW" action in the right-click menu for a View instead of opening the DDL tab. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Support editing views
Hi again Simon, I forgot another existing feature that can help you, namely Export Schema. There you can select to export all or selected views to the SQL Commander, and include both a DROP and CREATE statement: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/exportImport/exportImport.html#mozTocId816546 Best Regards, Hans