Start a new topic

Kerberos support

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be nice if the new SSH feature supported kerberos logins

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Kerberos support
Tom, I have added your vote for Kerberos support. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I would also like to see kerberos support in the ssh tunnel component. Thanks. -Mike-

Hi Mike, I've added your vote for this enhancement. In case you're primarily after the convenience of not having to enter the password every tim you connect, please note that you can configure DbVisualizer to save the password between sessions in Tool Properties, in the SSH Settings category under the General tab. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, I'd like to see a 'generic' Kerberos authentication support for various dbms' like oracle or sybase. I don't know if it's feasible, or it's way too generic request. The enviroment where I'd like to use dbvisualizer prohibits username/password authentication. Regards, Zoltan

Hi Zoltan, Can you clarify what you're after? The current SSH tunnel feature also supports key authentication as an alternative to password authentication: http://www.dbvis.com/products/dbvis/doc/main/doc/ug/getConnected/getConnected.html#mozTocId641241 Does that satisfy your needs? Best Regards, Hans