Start a new topic

would like multi-tabbed function editing windows simultaneously

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, often i like to have a few function objects in edit as I compare changes, however current version 8.0.1 requires me to save and close Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: would like multi-tabbed function editing windows simultaneously
Tom, In 8.0.1 you will need to open each function in a window using the right-click "Show in Window" command in the object tree. We will look into allowing multiple object view tabs in the next feature version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Sometimes I don't get the "show in window..." context menu option - see the attached screen shot. I guess it might be something similar that lead me to believe that there was no search option in the function editor. Another issue that I just noticed is that DbViz is catching the Print-Screen and alt-PrintScreen keystrokes if the context menus is visible. Though I just checked and it does the same thing in netbeans 6.9 so I guess thats an issue for underlying widget toolkit.

Tom, > {quote:title=TOm wrote:}{quote} > Sometimes I don't get the "show in window..." context menu option - see the attached screen shot. I guess it might be something similar that lead me to believe that there was no search option in the function editor. This is a bug that will be fixed in the next version. > Another issue that I just noticed is that DbViz is catching the Print-Screen and alt-PrintScreen keystrokes if the context menus is visible. Though I just checked and it does the same thing in netbeans 6.9 so I guess thats an issue for underlying widget toolkit. I just tried these key bindings while the context menu is visible and I get screenshots on the clipboard. Is this not happening for you? Regards Roger

Tom, The current work around for the disabled options in the menu is to first left-click the actual node and then right-click to show the context menu. Regards Roger

Tom, This is now fixed in the 8.0.2 version. Regards Roger

Hi Tom, Just wanted to tell you that this in the just released 9.0 version you can have multiple Object View tabs open, and there is also a new Compare feature that may help you: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans