Start a new topic

Add filtering to key bindings

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Currently it is difficult to find key bindings when in Tool Properties > General > Key bindings. It would be very helpful if you could add filtering to the Key map. For example a text field where one can enter a keyword and the Key map would be filtered to include only items which include that keyword. E.g. if one enters "copy" the list would be filtered to: Main Menu > Edit > File > copy Grid > Copy selection Grid > Copy selection (with column header) Grid > Copy selection as text (with colum header) I might have missed some, but that's the general gist. Eclipse has this implemented nicely in Preferences > General > Keys. Regards, Ivan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Add filtering to key bindings
Ivan, Thanks for the suggestion. I will register a ticket for this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Still missing this feature. It's painfully hard to locate a shortcut i want to bind/unbind. While you're at it, you could also implement filtering by shortcut. E.g. i enter Ctrl+C and you show me what it's bound to. Hope this gets implemented at some point.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ivan, I agree that there are some potential improvements for the key bindings editor. We'll see if we can bump this for the next-next feature version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It's time for my yearly bump of this request. Just spent 10 minutes trying to change a particular binding which bothered me... Please consider adding this feature, it's pretty unusable as it is now.