Start a new topic

Add filtering to key bindings

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Currently it is difficult to find key bindings when in Tool Properties > General > Key bindings. It would be very helpful if you could add filtering to the Key map. For example a text field where one can enter a keyword and the Key map would be filtered to include only items which include that keyword. E.g. if one enters "copy" the list would be filtered to: Main Menu > Edit > File > copy Grid > Copy selection Grid > Copy selection (with column header) Grid > Copy selection as text (with colum header) I might have missed some, but that's the general gist. Eclipse has this implemented nicely in Preferences > General > Keys. Regards, Ivan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Add filtering to key bindings
Ivan, Thanks for the suggestion. I will register a ticket for this. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Still missing this feature. It's painfully hard to locate a shortcut i want to bind/unbind. While you're at it, you could also implement filtering by shortcut. E.g. i enter Ctrl+C and you show me what it's bound to. Hope this gets implemented at some point.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Ivan, I agree that there are some potential improvements for the key bindings editor. We'll see if we can bump this for the next-next feature version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It's time for my yearly bump of this request. Just spent 10 minutes trying to change a particular binding which bothered me... Please consider adding this feature, it's pretty unusable as it is now.

Hi,

Just to inform that we have released a beta version of the upcoming DbVisualizer 11.0 which includes a filtering capability in the key bindings editor and a function to export all key bindings to a document.

Would be great to get your feedback on the new version.

Highlights: https://www.dbvis.com/beta/whatsnew/110
Download: https://www.dbvis.com/beta/

Regards

Roger

Hi,

Just to inform you that DbVisualizer 11.0 has been released with an improved key bindings editor. 

You find the full release notes and download on our web.

In DbVisualizer open Help->Check for Update to run the upgrade or download from our web site.

Please let me know if I can be of further assistance with any questions you may have.

Regards

Roger