Start a new topic

Show matched search result in the middle of the code window, if possible

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When I use Find Text , click on Find All and then hit F3 to find next, dbVis is aways displaying the string at the last visible row in the code window. Is it possible to also scroll down or move the found line to the center after the match has occured so that we can see the rest of the sql statement (thats of course, if there are more lines available of the sql)

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Show matched search result in the middle of the code window, if possible
Hi Alex, When I try to reproduce this, I see that Find All doesn't scroll to the first match as I would expect it to do. I will see if we can get that fixed. Find Next does nothing after Find All. Not sure if this is intended or not, but I will check with the editor vendor. After a simple Find, Find Next jumps to the next match and scrolls just enough to make the match visible. Is this were you are suggesting that it should instead scroll both vertically and horizontally to center the match? Please clarify. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans. You right, Find All does not scroll to the first find. Find does. Good idea to check with vendor ;) After clicking on Find All and hitting F3 (find next) I would want the match not only be visible, but (if *# of lines in the code allow, of course*) to be moved to the center, so that I can see the rest of the statement and determine if this particular match is pertinent. For now I just scroll down after every (F3) match to check if this particular match is the match that I am looking for..

Hi Alex, The editor vendor has promised to fix the bugs (Find All should scroll and Find Next should look for the next match using the Find All criteria) and will look into adding the "scroll to center" feature you're asking for. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Alex, These issues are now fixed in the 8.0.7 version. Regards Roger