Start a new topic

More manipulation to result set

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

A feature in AQT that I would like to see in DBVis regarding result set manipulation. In the result set grid, if I select a few cells of the same column from multiple rows, I would like to generate a string that I could use in a in clause such as ('abc', 'edf', 'abde'). The closest functions in DBVis today is the 'Generate Filter & Sort' as in the attachment. But it has three shortcomings: 1. It can't generate in clause, which could be clumsy when the values are many 2. It is always OR expression. It is OK for positive expressions like 'a=1 or a=2', but not good for negative expressions such as 'a!=1 or a!=2' . It should use AND in this case. 3. This menu item seems only works with Object View mode. In the result set in SQL Command, the menu items are grayed out. I like the fact that DBVis knows to enclose the value with quote when columns are of char type. in AQT, users can choose the delimiter such as comma, quotes(double/single) or no quotes around values and the brackets around the final string. I don't think it's necessary to have so many choices but at least something to use for IN clause would be nice. Richard

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: More manipulation to result set
Richard, Thanks for your suggestions. I will register a ticket. Hopefully we will look into it for the next feature version. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Richard, I forgot to mention that the Generate Filter & Sort is available only in the Data tab since it is the only place where the filter feature is support. We may look into offering a similar feature in the SQL Commander whereas the generated filter will be inserted in the editor. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger, for considering this in the next release. We are proposing other people in our group to move from AQT to DBVis (we just merged with another group who use AQT) as our new standard. This is one of the features they are requesting. I will open another thread for another feature that AQT users are requesting.