Start a new topic

Connect & Execute option

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi When I open a sql file, select db connection and click on Execute, the dbVis asks if I want to connect. I then have to click on Execute again to run the sql. Is it possible to add a button to that dialog that says 'Connect & Execute'. Executed text should be based on selection, if any. What do you think? Edited by: AlexML on Jun 20, 2012 7:37 AM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Connect & Execute option
Hi Alex, Thanks for the suggestion. I've opened a ticket for this so we will consider it for the next feature release. Best Regards, Hans

Hi Alex, Just wanted to tell you that this is now fixed in the just released 9.0 version: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/?version=9.0 Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'm 4 years late to this thead, but I wanted to propose a feature that would be immensely useful to folks (if there isn't already a way to do this). Why not have a checkbox on this pop-up dialog that simply says 'always connect and execute when a query is run - never ask me this again'. If you could provide this feature, there is a whole company of folks that I work with that would love to send you a bottle of your favorite drink after it is available in a public release :) Jeremy

Jeremy, I'll open a ticket with your suggestion. Regards Roger