Start a new topic

Open multiple tabs for the same query

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

This was possible in the version 8 but now I cannot open multiples tabs for the same query. I like to run the multiples instances of same query at the same time. Now I have to open a new tab and copy and paste the query in after I've already opened a tab using that query. Am I over looking something, like a new feature that still allows my to do this, or can this be added back in for a future update? Thanks.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Open multiple tabs for the same query
Jonathan, In version 9 you can not open multiple editors of the same file. If you want to run the query in multiple SQL Commanders, you will need to copy/paste into the new editor. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Jonathan, An alternative to copy/paste is that you first load the script from file in one editor run it once and then open a second editor. In the new editor press the left arrow image button (ctrl+p on Windows) in the toolbar to load the previously executed SQL from the history. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks Roger. Your second post helps and is a great feature. I didn't even know I could do that.