Start a new topic

Floating Window Management

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Guys, 1) Is it possible for floating SQL windows to add Maximize, Minimize button ? 2) Is it possible if I have a floating SQL window(s), and if i minimize the main instance of dbVis, my SQL window does NOT get minimized? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Floating Window Management
Agree on this. The windows you create should also not stay on top of DbVisualizer. It should be possible to go back to the main DbVisualizer window and have that fully displayed. It must also be simple to switch between windows. Alt Tab does of course not currently function. It may not be a good idea to make that function either! Some kind of list (drop down/menu) in each window of all open windows would be the minimum. Some keyboard shortcut to switch to the next window would also be nice. As it is now it's better than nothing, but very limited. Even though I have 3 monitors on my PC it's difficult to actually use more than 2 floating windows (or 3 on a good day). More and it's hard to switch between them. Most of the time each window has to span two monitors.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alex, We will fix in next version so that floating windows can be minimized, maximized and not cover the main window. Regards Roger

Nils, Thanks for your comments. Alt-Tab will also work in next version. Regards Roger

Hi, This is now fixed in the 9.0.1 version. Regards Roger