Start a new topic

Open in Floating Tab click 'Show Object at Cursor' And Procedure editor

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi. I'd like dbvis provide these feature. First, In SQL editor i 'd like to open object tab 'show object at cursor' in floating tab like scheme browser. And when i am about to close the floating tab, Alert window always comes So I have to have a check box to make default action so not to open alert window whenever i close floating tab window. Second, I'd like to open blank Procedure editor to create procedure from scratch. I have to convert old legacy a lots of SQL statements to stored procedures. When making a lot of stored procedures, I feel some uncomfortable to make procedure by entering procedure name and variables in popup window by create procedure menu. So i'd like to open blank procedure editor to make procedures by typing name and variables by myself. on editor Thanks Park
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Open in Floating Tab click 'Show Object at Cursor' And Procedure editor
Hi, > First, In SQL editor i 'd like to open object tab 'show object at cursor' in floating tab like scheme browser. I will register a ticket for the Open object at cursor in Floating tab. > And when i am about to close the floating tab, Alert window always comes So I have to have a check box > to make default action so not to open alert window whenever i close floating tab window. That alert window will not appear anymore from next maintenance version. > Second, I'd like to open blank Procedure editor to create procedure from scratch. I have to convert old legacy a lots > of SQL statements to stored procedures. When making a lot of stored procedures, I feel some uncomfortable to make procedure by entering procedure name and variables in popup window by create procedure menu. > So i'd like to open blank procedure editor to make procedures by typing name and variables by myself. on editor You need to use the SQL Commander to accomplish this. While edit and compile of the the procedure use the SQL->Execute Buffer to save the procedure in the database (use CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE xxx). Regards Roger