Start a new topic

Scripts tree functionality

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The Scripts tree is lacking a lot of features. Here are some i miss the most... * A "collapse all" button * F2 should be the shortcut to rename highlighted file/folder * Reorder files and folders by drag&drop (currently I can just move them to another folder; the Databases tree supports this, why not this one?) * Drag&drop a file (or even a whole folder) from another application (e.g. a file explorer) into the Scripts tree * In SQL Commander, have an option to save the current tab to Scripts (currently I have to create a new file in scripts and copy/paste the contents into it) Best regards, Ivan Product: DbVisualizer Pro 9.0.4 Build: #1920 (2013/02/19 10:16) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.7.0_11 Java Vendor: Oracle Corporation OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Scripts tree functionality
Ivan, Thanks for the suggestions. > * A "collapse all" button In the right-click menu there is a Collapse option. Currently it collapses all of the list rather than only the selected row(s). This will be fixed in 9.0.5. > * F2 should be the shortcut to rename highlighted file/folder Will fix this in 9.0.5. > * Reorder files and folders by drag&drop (currently I can just move them to another folder; the Databases tree supports this, why not this one?) It is the underlying file system that determine the order of the files. We have an open ticket to fix this this and I will add your vote for it. > * Drag&drop a file (or even a whole folder) from another application (e.g. a file explorer) into the Scripts tree I will open a new ticket for this. > * In SQL Commander, have an option to save the current tab to Scripts (currently I have to create a new file in scripts and copy/paste the contents into it) If you open the Save/Save As dialog there are two buttons to change directory to either Bookmarks (Scripts files) or Monitor. Is this sufficient? Regards Roger

Ivan, 9.0.5 has just been released with support for launching name editing with F2. The behavior of Collapse have also been changed. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

>In the right-click menu there is a Collapse option. Currently it collapses all of the list rather than only the selected row(s). This will be fixed in 9.0.5. My issue with the context menu is that there's already quite a lot of stuff in there, and it takes me a long time to find anything. There is a collapse all button in Databases view. Any reason not to have it here as well? >> * In SQL Commander, have an option to save the current tab to Scripts (currently I have to create a new file in scripts and copy/paste the contents into it) > If you open the Save/Save As dialog there are two buttons to change directory to either Bookmarks (Scripts files) or Monitor. Is this sufficient? Yes, that's ok. I missed that somehow. Thanks for the prompt reply. Looking forward to new features. :) Regards, Ivan
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

F2 rename doesn't work for me. The menu item says "Rename F2", but pressing F2 has no effect. Tried reverting to default key bindings in case that was the problem, but same result. Regards, Ivan

Ivan, > >In the right-click menu there is a Collapse option. Currently it collapses all of the list rather than only the selected row(s). This will be fixed in 9.0.5. > > My issue with the context menu is that there's already quite a lot of stuff in there, and it takes me a long time to find anything. There is a collapse all button in Databases view. Any reason not to have it here as well? The main reason is the limited space. Regards Roger

Ivan, Bummer... F2 works only with certain combinations of OS and L&F. A more thought-out fix will be introduced in next maintenance version. Sorry. Regards Roger

Ivan, This is now fixed in the just released 9.0.6 version. The F2 key now works properly on platforms where it is the default key binding for rename. http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger