Start a new topic

Follow Objects

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi everyone! It would be nice to have feature to follow objects across the SQL statements or even packages. Just like clicking link, f.e. Ctrl+LeftMouse for Object specification, Ctrl+RightMouse for Object implementation. Current ability by searching object is quite simple and very slow. It looks for objects sequentially in 1 thread with descending and it's ignoring users waiting time. It means If I'm looking for table with the name started with prefix 'T_' then I will get it after parsing all tables objects above with their columns/indexes/constraints/foreign keys/what ever you want. It takes time. I would be appreciated to see object just in a moment but not after whole searching cycle through all objects hierarchy. Is it possible at all in DbVisializer concept? Thank you very much. Edited by: Alexey on Mar 28, 2013 1:09 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Follow Objects
Roger, Thank you for your response. Yes, I'm always trying to use this feature (Ctrl+Shift+Space) but found it too hard to use. As I wrote: > Current ability by searching object is quite simple and very slow. > It looks for objects sequentially in 1 thread with descending and it's ignoring users waiting time. > It means If I'm looking for table with the name started with prefix 'T_' then I will get it after parsing all tables objects above with their columns/indexes/constraints/foreign keys/what ever you want. > It takes time. Best wishes. Edited by: Alexey on Jul 30, 2013 1:23 PM
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alexey, For your first requrest , aren't you looking for the "Show Object at Cursor" command in the SQL editor (Ctrl+Shift+Space)? It will search for objects matching the name at the cursor. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Alexey, Sorry for the delay. I'll open a ticket for the jump to package specification/implementation idea. I will also add your vote for improving the searching feature. Regards Roger