Start a new topic

Limit initial column width in table views

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

The table widget automatically sizes the width of each column to fit the longest data. This can be quite annoying when the length of the data is much greater than the window width. In that case, you must scroll right to see the other columns. I think the columns should still automatically resize, but have a maximum width. I propose that the width be no greater than the current width of the window, perhaps a little bit less (say, 80% of said width). Users should still be able to manually size the columns to be larger, and double-clicking the column divider should expand to maximum width just like other Windows applications do (or should do). columns

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Limit initial column width in table views
Hi, You can limit the data and result set grids column widths already. Do this in Tool Properties by choosing the General->Grid category. In the "Max Column Separator Width" you specify the initial width in pixels. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Limit initial column width in table views
Cool, thanks. That's just what i wanted! One minor thing to note, though, is that it doesn't mention the units in the description for "Max Column Separator Width". It should say that it's pixels.