Start a new topic

DBVis for Mac OS

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hey all, I am new to DbVis and to this community. First off, I absolutely love this software. Started using it about 3-4 months ago and went Pro and have not gone back since. It is perfect as I currently do a lot with MySQL and Postgres. It's very nice having everything in one application easy to manage. Anyways, my question is when will Java 7 going to be supported on Mac. We use Jdk7 from Oracle and I had to downgrade for DbVis on my Mac at the office. I have not had any problems running 1.6 but it was faster before when I would run my tests and build. Is this planned in the near future? I notice it works for all the other distributions of the software. At home, I use Linux to my project and use DbVis on Java 7 with no issues. Thanks in advance. Adam

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: DBVis for Mac OS
Adam, Java 7 support on Mac has been delayed due to various issues with Java on Mac. One major problem has been the lack of Retina support which just recently has been addressed in the latest Java 7 previews from Oracle. The good news is that the next 9.1 version of DbVisualizer will come with Java 7 support on Mac. We're planning to release 9.1 in early fall with the BETA testing starting in just a few weeks. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, That's great news. I will be looking out for the release. Are beta versions open to the general public?
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Adam, Yes the BETA program is open publicly. Once the BETA is available an announcement will be posted in this forum: http://www.dbvis.com/forum/forum.jspa?forumID=8 Regards Roger