Start a new topic

double click to create script from drag and drop

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When dragging an object from the database tree view into the sql editor, a window pops up asking to create statements for select, insert and so on. It would really like to double click on the scripting type radio buttons to trigger the action instead of again clicking "Ok". I am mostly using the "Object Name" button and find it annoying to click twice. Thanks, Raik

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: double click to create script from drag and drop
Raik, You can configure the scripting behavior in Tools->Tool Properties and in the General / SQL Commander category. Scroll down to "Drop Database Objects in SQL Editor". The default setup is that dropping a database object will open the scripting feature while Alt or Ctrl+drop will just copy the object name. I hope this is what you are looking for. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: double click to create script from drag and drop
Thanks Roger, I wasn't aware of that. Still worth a consideration; e.g. users who use different options of the scripting feature but are too lazy to click twice, like me. :)