Start a new topic

Client-side command to change variable delimiters

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I'd like to request a new client-side command (or commands) to change the prefix, suffix and delimiter for substitution variables. This would allow these delimiters to be changed just for the duration of the script, or even just for part of a script. This might be accomplished with one new command (for example): *@vardelimiters prefix="$${" suffix="}$$" delimiter="++"* ... or with separate commands for each delimiter type: *@set varprefix $${* *@set varsuffix }$$* *@set vardelim ++* Thanks. Edited by: Steve Jakob on 21-Jan-2014 11:58 AM Rich Text indent didn't work as expected.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Client-side command to change variable delimiters
Hi Steve, I have opened a ticket to look into this, but it would help us if you can describe a scenario when this would be useful. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, The use case that I had in my mind was where I might be passing on a script to someone else, such as my business partner (who I finally convinced to buy a license) or one of our clients. I've had occasion to change the delimiters in the past, and if I can do it within the script then there's less worry about whether the other person might have a different environment. Also, it would allow me to keep the standard DbVisualizer defaults in my configuration and change them within my scripts only where needed. Thanks.

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Steve, Thanks, that makes sense. Best Regards, Hans