Start a new topic

ToDo/Note field

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi, It should be very useful to be allowed to insert some, even raw, notes or "toDo" memo in a text field linked to a "database", "tables" and maybe other objects. The field(s), surely internal to DbVis, could be all shown/summarized for single database or for all defined databases. In this way there is the right place to leave memo, note or even tasks to be done in the future, or just remarks among developers. Other tools have already this feature (ie: DeZign for database, from Datamic) and I've found it really useful in everyday work.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: ToDo/Note field
Sergio, Currently there is limited support in DbVisualizer that utilize any comments/remarks/notes association capability with database objects that many databases support. (The kind of information you are looking to associate should most probably be saved close to the actual database objects). The problem from a DbVisualizer perspective is that we do not fully support managing this in the supported databases. We do have an open ticket to look into this and I will add your vote for it. Thanks! Regards Roger

Hi, I should have said that we do have an open ticket to allow setting notes in DbVisualizer which will be associated with a database connection. That way you can write notes/todo for that specific connection. Regards Roger

1 person likes this
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

OK! It looks great.... as soon as the ticket will be closed :-) How could I know the feature is available? Thanks

Sergio, You will be notified via this forum post. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Any news around this issue? :-) Thanks

Hi Sergio, Sorry but there is no news on this one. We try to prioritize features that many customers ask for, and there are many other features with more customer demand than this one. The ticket is till open though, so we may get to it in the future. Best Regards, Hans

Sergio, We just launched the BETA testing of the upcoming 9.5 version. There is now a "Note" field in the connections tab. It would be great if you can give it a test. http://www.dbvis.com/download/beta/ For more information about the news in the BETA version: http://www.dbvis.com/doc/relnotes/index.jsp?showheader=false&showtoc=false&version=9.5-BETA We plan to go public with 9.5 in a few weeks. Regards Roger

Hi Sergio,

I just wanted to let you know that we have released DbVisualizer 9.5 today with support for the feature you asked for. Please upgrade to the latest official version. Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade.

An alternative is that you download from our web site: 

http://www.dbvis.com/download/

Best Regards,

Hans