Start a new topic

Add the ability to name/save macros (and create key bindings for macros)

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be great to have the ability to name and save individual macros. For example, when dealing with large numbers, I like to create a macro to "commify" the number (start and end of number, move left 3 times, insert a ',', repeat until the beginning of the number is reached). When dealing with multiple values from a column in a result set, I like to create a macro to add commas to the list (handy for "select * from blah where value in (*list*)) (move to end of line, insert',', move down 1 line, move to beginning of line, repeat until last line of list). It would be nice to have these as named (and saved) macros so I don't have to repeatedly enter these same macro definitions over and over. Taking this a little further, it would be nice to allow binding a key to a saved macro. Using this feature, you could easily extend and customize editing functions (like "commify number" and "commify list")

1 person likes this idea
1 Comment

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Add the ability to name/save macros (and create key bindings for macros)
Hi, Thanks for the suggestion. I've opened a ticket for looking into this. Best Regards, Hans

1 person likes this