Start a new topic

plans for no-sql

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hei Roger, are there any plans to provide cql for Apache cassandra or nosql-features resp. DB's like MongoDB in the future especially now that you support NuoBD, which is mostly like a no sql-DB:-) ? cheers

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: plans for no-sql
Hi, Any database with a JDBC driver is a candidate for being supported in DbVisualizer. We have looked at integrating MongoDB but it uses its own proprietary Java API and there is no official JDBC support. This makes it a bit trickier. NuoDB comes with SQL support and a JDBC driver which makes it look like a traditional SQL database but under the hood it is something different. To answer your question, we do have on the future list to add support for new databases such as MongoDB, Cassandra, Hive and so on. I cannot say when it will happen though. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, is there any roadmap for integratiing no-sql database in the meantime? thx in advance Nesmoon

Hi Nesmoon, DataDirect have a JDBC driver for MongoDB that you may give a try. https://www.progress.com/products/datadirect-connect/jdbc-drivers For Hive check the following: https://github.com/cyanfr/dbvis_to_hortonworks_hiveserver2/ wiki/How-I-Connected-DBVisualizer-9.2.2-on-Windows-to-Hortonwork-HiveServer2 Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Roger, thx for the quick reply. i've tested the mongoDB driver from progress which is 1. with fees if you want to use it permanently but the biggest nogo-point for me is... 2. This driver really sucks and didn't worked^^ i'll better wait for your "native" implementation, because i know it will work fine then:-) cheers nesmoon Edited by: nesmoon on 09.03.2015 18:09

Hey roger, a little questions concerning correct URL setting i have the following URL, using Progress jdbc driver, which does not work: jdbc:datadirect:mongodb://10.01.01.01:27017;DatabaseName=test;C:\Program Files\Progress\SchemaDefinition\Schema_def.config (error text in dbvis: [DataDirect][MongoDB JDBC Driver]Unable to connect. Invalid URL. If you are using an IPv6 address, please ensure that the address is bounded by left and right brackets. Ex: jdbc:datadirect:driver://[fe70::201:54ff:fe87:afd2%ce1]:50000;databaseName=DBNAME) maybe you have an idea what's wrong thx in advance Edited by: nesmoon on 20.04.2015 16:02

Hi, It looks like you have a syntax error in the URL. This is an example from the driver docs: jdbc:datadirect:mongodb://Spark92:27017;DatabaseName=Test; SchemaDefinition=C:\data\db\Def1.config;UserName=admin;Password=adminpass Based on that, I guess your URL should look like: jdbc:datadirect:mongodb://10.01.01.01:27017;DatabaseName=test; SchemaDefinition=C:\Program Files\Progress\SchemaDefinition\Schema_def.config Best Regards, Hans

Hi Roger, just a little "bump" for this feature request. I hope that there's a jdbc support for mongoDB in the near future. Maybe you even have a timeline now?:-)) cheers

Hi, In the next feature version the list of supported databases is extended with Amazon Redshift and Netezza. We have MongoDB on the future list. Regards Roger

1 person likes this