Start a new topic

Import CSV -- Change type of multiple columns

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

When using "Import CSV" it's possible to select multiple columns on the "Data" grid, but when I try to change the data type only the last column in the selection is changed. Would it be possible to change all of the selected columns at once?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import CSV -- Change type of multiple columns
Hi Steve, Chaning the data type is made only on the column from where the data type drop-down is opened. You may however use copy/paste of the datatype in the file/table mapper grid in the Import Database Table and the table setup in the New Database Table grids. Copy for example Timestamp from one column and then select the other data type column rows you want to set to Timestamp and paste. Read more in: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Importing+Table+Data Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Aha! Yes, that works. I've got a data file that I need to import occasionally that has over 200 columns but I just want them all to be strings, even though some contain numeric data. This method will be much quicker for me. Thanks!
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Steve, Great! In case you haven't figured it out already, you may select multiple cells at once and paste in the new data type. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > In case you haven't figured it out already, you may select multiple cells at once and paste in the new data type. Yes, I realized that. I would have complained if that were not the case. ;-)