Start a new topic

SQL Editor Caret Size

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi . Is it possible to customize the size of the caret in the SQL Editor? If not, can you please add a ticket for it? thank you

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: SQL Editor Caret Size
Hi Alex, Can you please clarify. Do you mean an option for switching between a block caret and a regular caret? The size of the caret depends on the font size. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans Yes, switching between the regular and block caret would be nice!

Hi Alex, The caret type is used to indicate if you're in Insert mode (regular caret) or Overwrite mode (block caret). This is pretty much standard in all editors. Can you please explain why you would want to use the block caret in Insert mode? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hans, yes I realize that it is a standard size. I sometimes find it hard to find right away, and have to either use a mouse or click up/down arrows to locate the cursor. It was just a nice to have feature just like customizing the color of the caret. If its a big deal, then you don't have to enter a ticket for it..

Hi Alex, Thanks. As there is no support for this in the editor component we use, I'm afraid we can't do much about it for now. Best Regards, Hans