Start a new topic

Newbie question

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I was tasked into looking at installing and evaluating DBVISUALIZER. I have a question that I cant seem to get an answer on form the doc or the forums. is it possible to launch the app to connect to a DB using a determined connection? and once logged in can you limit that users ability to run the connection wizard or to attempt another connection (basically I looking for security )? thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Newbie question
Hi, It is possible to have DbVisualizer automatically connect a specified number of database connections at startup. To do this check the "Connect when Connect All" setting in the Connection Properties and the "Run Connect All at Startup" setting in Tool Properties and the General / Database Connection category. It is not possible to restrict a user from creating new database connections either manually or using the connection wizard. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Newbie question
thanks for the reply. very much appreciated.