Start a new topic

Border colour based on permissions

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Previously, DbVis automatically coloured the border of the SQL Commander window based on the permissions mode of the connection. This no longer happens, and I can manually colour the windows - but I'd still find it really useful to have the option to do this automatically.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Border colour based on permissions
Hi Conan, When you change the Permission mode a dialog asks what border you would like to use. If that dialog is not displayed, open Tool Properties and chose General and click "Reset Hidden Messages". The next time you change permission mode the dialog will be displayed. It is not possible to automatically set a border based on permission. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I still find this frustrating. The popup message doesn't ask which colour to use, it just tells me that I have to set the colour manually. It's a pain having to set the permission mode and colour for every connection - I realise it might be useful to change the colour, but it would be even more useful to have an option to set it based on the permission mode.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Conan, Sorry for the delay. I'll open a new ticket that it should be possible to assign a default border to each of the permissions. Regards Roger