Start a new topic

Table security

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Is there any plan to introduce table security? Like if you do not have access to a particular table you cannot see it or edit it.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Table security
Hi Anthony, This should already be the case, if you are using the database security system and only grant access to database objects like tables to those who should have access. Or do I misunderstand your question? Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, Please let me explain further. If I install DbVisualizer on a terminal Server and a user login and run DbVisualizer is it possible to restrict what tables he or she can view or edit on any Database connected to within DbVisualizer? Thanks for your reply
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Anthony, To restrict access for a user to certain database objects you should use the security system in the actual database server. If you define that a user should only see a collection of (for example) tables only these will show in DbVisualizer. If you in addition define that a user may only browse a table, DbVisualizer will still offer editing functionality but once the changes are committed there will be an error from the database server due to the permissions defined in the DB. I hope this answers your question. Regards Roger