Start a new topic

Follow a foreign key in SQLCommander data grid editor

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hello, I would appreciate a feature that permits to set a value in a foreign key field by choosing that value from a drop-down list (or with a button near the field that open a popup window...) over the primary table. Otherwise I have always to do a select on the primary table, remember or copy the primary key value and then put it in the SQLCommander data grid insertion row on the child table. At least for single-fields foreign keys, I know that the same feature would be more difficult on multi-fields foreign keys. I use PostgreSQL. Thank you in advance and have a nice day...

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Follow a foreign key in SQLCommander data grid editor
Hi Roberto, Thanks for the suggestion. We already have a request to look into something like this and I've added your vote for it. What you can do today to make this scenario a bit easier is to open the table with the primary key in a tab that you place next to the tab in which you are editing the table with the foreign keys. Please see this part of the Users Guide for how to arrange tabs next to each others: http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG91/Rearranging+Tabs Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thanks for considering it, Hans! Please add my vote for that as well! I've found that feature remarkably useful in the Mac postgres tool Postico. Best regards, Jason Ziegler Memphis, Tennessee USA @zigmoo
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Jason, Thanks for the input. I have added your vote for this feature. Best Regards, Hans