Start a new topic

Disable background query in action

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I have an action I created for generating an explain plan in Oracle. The issue is that when I show a plan for a cursor, it shows the plan for: ------------------------------------- select sys_context( 'userenv', 'current_schema' ) from dual Plan hash value: 1388734953 ----------------------------------------------------------------- | Id | Operation | Name | Rows | Cost (%CPU)| Time | ----------------------------------------------------------------- | 0 | SELECT STATEMENT | | | 2 (100)| | | 1 | FAST DUAL | | 1 | 2 (0)| 00:00:01 | ----------------------------------------------------------------- The tool appears to be running this sql after my sql is executed. I should be able to execute my query then see the explain plan for my queries cursor. The problem is I see the explain plan for the sql above. Is there a flag I can set to turn that off in actions?

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Disable background query in action
Hi Nathan, Can you please attach the action you are using? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Hi Roger. The action is attached.

Nathan, The problem is that DbVisualizer implicitly run a SQL statement between each user statement. There is unfortunately no workaround or way to turn this off but I will open a ticket that we should look into it. Regards Roger

Hi Nathan, This is now fixed in the 9.2.11 version. Use Help->Check for Update to upgrade or download manually from http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Thank you for the update.