Start a new topic

Import table via command line / script?

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I am not sure if this is already supported, but if so I have not found the way to achieve this. Every morning, I need to export data from a table in one server and then upload it to another. I do this by exporting into CSV on my harddrive and then using the "import data" tool in the GUI to upload it into the other server. I have every other repetitive task automated with scripts, but I don't know how to automate this one task. Is this possible already? Could you add it to the queue if not? Thanks

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Import table via command line / script?
Ian, I will add your vote for a @import client side command in DbVisualizer. That would allow importing through commands rather than having to use the UI. There is no schedule at this point. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Import table via command line / script?
Have you considered exporting to a SQL file rather than CSV? You could then automate the call to DbVis to run the generated script to do the import.