Start a new topic

Grid column chooser values in SQL copied to clipboard

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be way cool if when I select what columns I want to see in the grid chooser, when viewing a table's data, if the generated select also had these values in these two functions: 1) The icon just above the grid chooser whose help text reads, "Copies the complete SQL including filter to clipboard" 2) Export grid What happens now is, I select the columns I want to see, click the copy to clipboard or export, and it shows something like the following for the select: SELECT * FROM TABLE_NAME WHERE FIELD1=1 I would like it to read: SELECT FIELD1, FIELD5, FIELD6, FIELD7 FROM TABLE_NAME WHERE FIELD1=1 because I selected fields 1, 5, 6 and 7 from the grid, but not 2, 3 and 4 and filtered by field1. If I didn't use the grid selection feature, then SELECT * would be fine and probably preferred. Actually, in the export grid, I have to re-mark the selected columns. It would also be nice if the selected columns were transferred to the export grid column selection too and then shown in the select statement. Edited by: Eric Lentz on Sep 30, 2015 4:39 PM

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Grid column chooser values in SQL copied to clipboard
Hi Eric, I will open a new ticket for your requests. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Grid column chooser values in SQL copied to clipboard
Hi Eric, 9.2.13 has just been released that fixes so that the "Copies the complete SQL including filter to clipboard" button works as you suggests. Easiest is that you open Help->Check for Update in DbVisualizer to perform the upgrade. An alternative is that you download from our web site: http://www.dbvis.com/download/ Changing Export Grid to reflect the setup in the column chooser is still on the todo list. Regards Roger