Start a new topic

Default download folder for the DbVisulizer updates

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

We would suggest to set the default download folder for the DbVisulizer updates to '%USERPROFILE%\Downloads' or '%USERPROFILE%\Desktop' instead of the current '%USERPROFILE%'. If you will add an option to set and save the download folder to use it could be even better. Thanks in advance. Cheers.

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Default download folder for the DbVisulizer updates
Hi, Do you mean the default path for the upgrader launched using the Check for Update in DbVisualizer? If not, please share some more details in which context the suggested path is displayed. Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I believe that sec01 is referring to the ""Download to:" directory for the upgrader application, as per the issue pointed out in my "Retain upgrade directory" thread. If that issue were fixed sec01 would still have to choose the desired download directory, but would only have to do so once rather than with every upgrade. ;) Thanks.
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

> {quote:title=Roger Bjarevall wrote:}{quote} > Do you mean the default path for the upgrader launched using the Check for Update in DbVisualizer? Yes. > {quote:title=Steve Jakob wrote:}{quote} > I believe that sec01 is referring to the ""Download to:" directory for the upgrader application, as per the issue pointed out in my "Retain upgrade directory" thread. If that issue were fixed sec01 would still have to choose the desired download directory, but would only have to do so once rather than with every upgrade. Yes, and even this solution would be fine. Thanks in advance.