Start a new topic

Charts in Profiles

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

It would be nice to have a DataView viewer for Chart. This would graph the data returned by a query instead of viewing it in a grid, text, form, etc. It be even better if more than one Chart could be displayed in in view. Thanks, Nathan

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Charts in Profiles
Hi Nathan, Can you please clarify how what you suggest differs from the existing chart support? http://confluence.dbvis.com/display/UG92/Working+with+Charts Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi Hans, It differs in that to view a chart now I have to product some result set. For example, run a query, show results in a grid and then product the chart. I would like to be able to define the chart in the profile. For example there is data that I do not care to see the data in a grid but would like to see it in a chart. I am envisioning being able to build a view within the profile and when I access the view it would produce a chart. I would be able to instantly see the data. The viewer for the DataView would be "chart". To expand even further, it would be nice to have multiple charts per view. This would allow me to produce dashboards within DbVis. Nathan
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Nathan, Ah, then I get it. We actually have a ticket for this so I have added your vote for it. Best Regards, Hans