Start a new topic

Hide connect/disconnect/reconnect all option

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Hi DbVis-Team, can you please create an option that allows hiding the Connect/Disconnect/Reconnect all function in the databases tree context menu or at least povide a confirm dialog? I accidentally clicked connect all. It took a while to connect to my 5 dozen databases! :-D Thanks, Raik

[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

Re: Hide connect/disconnect/reconnect all option
I see! Your assumptions was correct. Some of the sources had the setting enabled. They probably resulted from duplicating the data sources. I unselected the checkbox for all my connections. My issue is thereby fixed. Thanks! Regards, Raik
[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Hi Raik, Open the Properties tab for a connection and select the node with the database type name, e.g. Oracle. There you find a Connect when "Connect All" setting. Connect All only tries to connect connections with this setting enabled. You also find this setting in Tool Properties, for each database type in the Database tab. If you enable the setting here, it applies to all connections for that database types. It sound like you may have it enabled for all Oracle connections. Best Regards, Hans
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]
[Attachment has been removed.]

Roger, I am having about 60 connections, some of them being the same database but with a different user. The types are Oracle, MySQL, SQL Server. Some of those are tunneling through a VPN connection across the ocean and opening them alone takes up to 10 seconds. Maybe the problem arises from there. I just tried to reproduce the problem. This time clicking on the "connections" root node and selecting "connect all" resulted in only six (seemingly random) sources being connected. Within those folders it opened the Oracle sources only. I then closed all by using "disconnect all" and when I used "connect all" on another folder, it connected 12 sources including connections from another folder but only the Oracle sources. Something strange is happening there. The tooltip for connect all says "Connect all marked database connections". What does "marked" means? I also attached a screenshot after the connect all. Regards, Raik

Raik, How many connections do you have and what types of target databases are used (i.e. oracle, db2 iseries,mysql, etc)? Regards Roger

Hi Roger, the DBVis-GUI was not responding at all. I was able not choose disconnect all. -Raik

HI Raik, Sorry for the delay on this. When you accidentally connect all, you just need to chose disconnect all to interrupt the connects. Is that not an option? Regards Roger