Start a new topic

Bug with empty password

[This topic is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

I just installed version 5.0 and one of my connections wasn't working anymore. I am connecting to Informix with a user that has a blank password. It worked fine in the last version, but wouldn't connect in 5.0. Work around: I made the password a single blank space and it worked, but it does seem to be a bug (haven't tested with any other database) The build number is #1120 (2006/04/04 14:55) -Eric

[This reply is migrated from our old forums.]

Re: Bug with empty password
Eric, We haven't touched the password mgmt in 5.0 so it is a bit weird. What error do you get at connect? I connect to Sybase, HSQLDB and others with blank password ant it works. If I instead pass a blank space it fails. May the case be that the password in the DB server is set to one blank instead of nothing? Regards Roger
[This reply is migrated from our old forums. The original author name has been removed]

If I run the 4.3 version of DB Visualizer still installed on my machine it works with nothing in the password field. Then running 5.0 it fails. The error in version 5.0 is: Product: DbVisualizer Free 5.0 Build: #1120 (2006/04/04 14:55) Java VM: Java HotSpot(TM) Client VM Java Version: 1.5.0_06-b05 Java Vendor: Sun Microsystems Inc. OS Name: Windows XP OS Arch: x86 OS Version: 5.1 An error occured while establishing the connection. Type: java.sql.SQLException Error Code: -952 SQL State: IX000 Message: com.informix.asf.IfxASFException: User (%s)'s password is not correct for the database server.

Eric, The problem is identified and will be solved in the next version. Use the single space password as a workaround. Best Regards Roger

Eric, An early access version is now available that includes a fix for the blank password problem. http://www.minq.se/products/dbvis/eap Regards Roger